Equine Alchemy Leadership Experience…
Combines 20 years of Organization Development, Leadership and Executive Coaching and “horse sense” to bring you and your organization insight and awareness to Socially Intelligent Leadership that will fast track your leadership and performance.
Horses Have So Much To Tell Us About Leadership…
I am a Sr. Director with GoDaddy in HR Transformation, so leadership is a part of my everyday life. Leadership is an evolution, not something that can be learned from a book. Equine Alchemy and Lisa Murrell’s Equine Assisted Leadership Development experience taught me how to be self-aware, actively listen to both the spoken and the unspoken and most importantly, how to listen to my whole self rather than my conditioned self when making decisions that impact my team or others. Thank you Lisa for an amazing, life changing journey!
Leadership Development with horses brings to life over fifteen years of research, experimentation, and experience. You will take-away (and own) horse-inspired insights on the nonverbal elements of exceptional communication, action and leadership to benefit your workplaces and relationships.
The Equine Alchemy experience provides a safe environment to test and practice new learning. Our approach to experiential learning with horses is suited for teams focused on developing advanced leadership capabilities that include:
Leadership Development Benefits:
- Navigating complexity and uncertainty.
- Developing collective leadership and collaboration skills.
- Developing authenticity and presence.
- Achieving adaptive leadership.
- Owning our strengths and challenging self-limiting stories.
- Understanding how unconscious behaviors influence our leadership and team performance.
- Growing Emotional and Social Intelligence.
- Aligning intent with message.
- Leading with real authority.
“I found Equine Alchemy while looking for innovative ways to develop change capable leaders both at work and as part of my studies as a doctoral student at George Washington University… Lisa brought Equine Assisted Leadership to life for me in such a dynamic and thought provoking way! Through her years of consulting experience, combined with her horsemanship skills, Lisa created a unique learning environment that gave me practical skills and confidence required to begin using them immediately in my professional and personal life. Equine Alchemy’s Leadership and Team Development experience is an amazing learning opportunity for new and experienced leaders searching for a way to enhance engagement, build trust, drive change, and leave the old ways of leading through fear or dominant behaviors behind.”
Leadership development results in higher performing teams.
Team Development Benefits
- Clarity of mission, goals, and team priorities.
- Clarity of each team member’s role and points of intersection.
- Enhanced commitment to the team over parochial/functional self-interest.
- A sense of ownership/accountability for results.
- Development and comfort with conflict resolution skills.
- Commitment to individual and team progress assessments for sustainable growth and results
“While I had an idea around the concept of experiential learning, I did not really know what to expect. Working with the horses, however, was one of the best experiences I’ve had in terms of gaining immediate and unbiased feedback. The exercise that we did became a very clear metaphor for me in terms of how my team currently approaches tasks and what will happen if we do not make specific adjustments in order to achieve our overall objectives related to product launch. The horses are better feedback mechanisms with respect to leadership assessment than any manufactured management tool. It was great learning.” ~
Power vs. Force…
Do you feel like you have to force your organization to move?? In Equine Alchemy’s Leadership Development Experiences you will learn the critical differences between the appropriate use of the Dominant Role and the destructive impact of the ‘Immature Dominant’ role on performance as explained in Linda Kohanov’s 5 specific roles of leadership .
5 Powerful Leadership States…
Equine Alchemy’s Leadership Development Experience explores and experiences the 5 critical leadership states to create an accelerated learning environment where participants develop the ability to build and enhance emotional and social intelligence.
The result: a solid foundation for innovation, creativity and impeccable performance.
Participants will learn and engage in…
- Exploring unconscious influences in relationships
- Using your own body as a “sensing device” capable of reading the unspoken moods/concerns of co-workers, employees, and clients
- Using emotions as information, professionally (without, ironically, discussing the emotions themselves)
- Engaging non-verbal leadership skills associated with assertiveness, timing, focus, energy modulation, motivation, experimentation, and boundaries-in-motion—with sensitivity to the needs of others
- Setting boundaries in ways that create mutually respectful relationships
- Balancing embodied reason and embodied intuition in realizing a goal
- Recognizing and moving beyond limiting behavior and thought patterns to achieve optimal performance
What makes Equine Alchemy’s Leadership Development Experience different from other Equine Assisted Business Development Programs?
Lisa Murrell, founding partner of Equine Alchemy and MetaSystem Integrated Strategies, has spent the last 20 years working globally to help her clients achieve breakthrough results in business development and team/executive coaching.
Lisa has developed the only ICF Approved Coach Training Programming in the world using her extensive experience in both coaching and business development with horse wisdom.
“Imagine what we can accomplish when we finally understand how to be powerful, together.”
“Nurturers, companions, leaders, and dominants are all crucial to herd cohesiveness. Members tend to play more than one role, though rarely all four.
The thing about being human among animals ten times your size is that you really do need to perform all of these roles well to become a Master Herder, especially in the great unfenced backcountry where freedom abides.”
Linda Kohonav, The Power of the Herd and The Five Roles of the Master Herder